Monday, January 17, 2011

A Call for Cushions!

good morning to you!

if you read my last post
you would have noticed three cushions
on the black couch...



these have been packaged up and sent off
to my cousin in rockhampton
who has been coping with water in her backyard and
a newborn baby.


as you are probably aware
there will be many traumatised families
throughout queensland


and now victoria
is also affected by the floods.
{mr t and sharrie are in bendigo}



i want to make more cushions!


and probably aprons...
'cos they are what i like sewing at the moment...


if you like making these as well
and want to help...
join with me if you want to
and i will get these cushions and aprons
to people who will appreciate them
to whom it will make a difference.

my husband can take things north
and my brother is in brisbane
and our church is an arm of christian outreach centre
and has many contacts and knowledge of agencies in brisbane
and throughout queensland.


just a thought...

so leave a comment
or
better still an email..email address found on my profile page
to let me know you're interested
in making a cushion cover or two
(i will buy the insert to keep postage to a minimum)

i'm thinking up to 50cm or 20 in at the largest
would be good...40 or 45 cm is ideal
as far as getting inserts off the shelf is concerned at a reasonable price...
any type of closure is fine..
this is a chance for you to be as creative as you would like to be
with colour and closures and design!

or an apron...adults or kids
and i will give you my postal address
so you know where to send stuff!!



by the way...
if making quilts are your thing,
retromummy is collecting blocks or quilts
and there is a softees collection
if those are your fortes...
join in if you can!

thanking you all...

and linking up with 'quilt story' ....button on sidebar,

naturally Carol xox







ps...just some examples of cushions i made last year...hopefully to inspire you!



15 comments:

  1. Carol, what a gorgeous idea; what are the measurements and such for the cushion covers? What kind of closure? Just let me know and I will see what i can do,
    laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are the most delightful cushions - I especially like the little birdie fabric!
    Good luck...I hope your cushions (and many others) bring happiness to their lucky recipients :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, an easy peasy one! I have some cushions in my QLD Flood Appeal Auction and the ones that are not chosen can come to you after the 24th. If you want to email me your address I will send them up (the covers).
    mywotawoman@yahoo.com.au
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, I'm not terribly crafty but would like to do something to help those in Queensland. I will try to do a few cushion covers although I don't think they will be anything very fancy! Could you email me a suggestion re dimensions as well as your postal address? My email is mandy_blackburn@hotmail.com. We're away this week and I can't check email until we get home as we have D's work computer which blocks hotmail so I won't be able to reply or get started until next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great idea to help. Your cushions are all so lovely I know they will bring a smile to lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to Brisbane at Easter so i'd be glad to bring a bunch of cushions. I think in a few months they'll still need a wave of goodies delivered in fixed up houses, so i might wait, but happy for you to let me know where to take them. Thanks for appreciating the soldiers on the ground, my husband is so busy, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all for your encouragement...i've been stewing about this for days! my son today said it was a useless idea and wouldn't help anyone..but what does he know about the value of handmade in a girls life anyway!! i know if we all do our little bit quite a few lives will find healing and feel loved and be on the path to wholeness again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin is in Brisbane and thanks to God he is safe, he is there with her newly wed bride... I see the pictures he sent me of the flooded areas... God gives courage and strength to all of them who suffers from this disaster...
    You are such a nice person... keep spreading love Carol, right now it is the most important thing in our life
    Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for me sure you will enjoy
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carol! Wonderful idea! You have made so much beautiful cushions and pillows! I'm already working ideas in my mind...
    Have a lovely week! xxx Teje
    Ps. perhaps you would like to join 'The Blogger's Pillow Party? You can see more about that in my today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that is a lovely thing to do! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, I think that's a wonderful thing to do. If we all do a little to help, I feel like it makes it easier. I will definitely go check out the quilt collecting at retromummy to see how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pillows are great! What a nice thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a brilliant idea! If I could sew I'd definitely join in. As it is, I think this is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is a fantastic idea! I found you over at Gwenny Penny and I'll definitely send a few your way! Emailing you now!

    ReplyDelete

i am delighted that you care enough to comment..i love to read each one of them..thank you!